This is a page thats going to be about the stuff that happens to me, mainly at work. Or, not.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Who needs a title?

Several interesting things have happened recently, the biggest of which is my decision to attempt to learn Finnish. I should probably pick a slightly easier language, but oh well. At least this way I can talk with the only person I know who really would use another language, as she actually lives in Finland.

I wonder if I can actually learn it...


The other major thing that happened to me (well, it hasn't *happened* as yet) is that sometime in the last week, while I wasn't working, a girl asked one of my *workmates* (I'll call him Golliwog) when I'd be working next, but he didn't give my number >_< (though he did give her my name).

I'm not sure whether to be excited, nervous, angry or scared. Mainly because I have no idea who it could have been, as his description was rather vague.

Oh well....have to see what happens.

And on the work side of things, the first two hours of my shift last night where the most interesting I've had for a long time.

First up was this guy who was in what I think may have been work clothes, who *allegedly* had his wallet stolen, though I don't think it was likely, unless it was a very skilled pickpocket.
Anyway, he was desperate for a cigarette, but having no money, and no one nearby to offer him any, he got rather shitty. He asked us if we could open a pack for him and sell him a single one.
Not bloody likely...

He ended up storming out and letting loose a constant stream of abuse, some of which involved how his dog was a purebreed or something. I wasn't paying attention too closely.
The best part of it was when he was out on the driveway, and yelled some more abuse, to which Golliwog replied with:

G:"Blahblahblahblah"
Mr Angry:"WHAT?!?*more abuse*"
G:"Seeya Buddy"
Me: walking around laughing my head off and trying to get off the floor.
( yes. i was on the floor, and walking around at the same time. don't ask me how.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home