This is a page thats going to be about the stuff that happens to me, mainly at work. Or, not.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

The 'Complainer'

A few nights ago, a customer came in to work in a taxi, but didn't get out of it for about 10 minutes. I'll her this customer 'TheComplainer'

After this person came in, he pottered about and gathered things he wanted to buy. This took him about another ten minutes. Meanwhile, the cab was still waiting, meter ticking over...

Eventually, he came to the icecream display, and asked me to give a taster of megachoc, which he didn't like. He asked me what my favourite flavour was (and by this time I was getting a little ticked off, but it didn't come across-I've learned to have a pokerface at all times), which happened to be...megachoc. 'TheComplainer' then tried the bubbletastic flavour, and liked it, and wanted a small.

So I dish it up, and he says 'Can you scrape the top off? I want the marshmallows, and its softer'
Me: No, I'm afraid I can't sir. It would ruin the display, and then no one else would wish to buy it.'

T.C : But I'm buying it.
Me: Pokerface - I still can't do that sir. My boss would not be pleased.
T.C. : I'm complain that you wouldn't give me what I want!
Me: *thinking* Go ahead asswipe. *Saying* Silence
T.C. : I don't want the f*cking thing then
Me: Ok. *put away*

T.C. I'm going to come back and complain about this.

Me: About what sir? Me doing what my boss told me to do?
T.C: I'm never coming back! You wasted my time, and now I have to pay the cab extra!

My thought: I wasted 30 seconds of your time? What about the 15 minutes that you spent wandering around the store?

Me: Thats not very effective as a threat sir.
S.C. What?
Me: Goodbye sir.



Addition: Two things have happened since.
One: I told my boss, and he said he'd sort TheComplainer out.
Two: Other staff have decided it is now ok to scrape the top off the icecream, despite numerous notes to the contrary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home