This is a page thats going to be about the stuff that happens to me, mainly at work. Or, not.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

The Meeting.

Apparently, people have discovered a way to get 'free' fuel from us. (or so the boss says...)

It works like this.

They put fuel in their car/motorbike/kayak whatever.
We then get them to fill out a form that asks for address, phone no. etc, their license no, car make, number plates and so forth.

We inform them that they have 24 hours to pay.

If they are 'scamming' either the number, address or both are fake, and the car isn't theirs, stolen, borrowed, whatever.

Apparently, and this is the first thing that suprised me, the police won't do anything, unless we inform them straight away, because we let the person leave.
(and its only queensland that this happens - all the other states will go after the person.)

So, because of this, we now have to give them the following three options.

1) They ring someone who can come and pay the amount of fuel. If they have no phone, they park the car and walk to the nearest phone/friends house. If they drive away instead of park? We inform the police.

2) We inform them that we will ring the police. Apparently this will scare them into "finding" enough to pay. Once again, if they try to leave, we instantly inform the police.

3) We syphon the amount of fuel back out of the car/bike's tank.
How we are meant to get the right amount of fuel out I have no idea.


If it comes to option three, I'll either get them to do it, or ring the police. No way am I going to poison myself just so the boss gets his fuel back....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's fucked up - I've had my CC fuck up & been stuck before (company visa card) - luckily I was a regular at the servo & they let me get petty cash.

I had it happen once at a strange servo & they threatened coppers & all that - ended up leaving my CC & wallet with them so I could go to a friends house (nearer than home, still 10km away) and borrow the cash. Ironically my card woirked later the same day so it was their fuckin eftpos machine.

posses are cunts

10:40 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*bosses

10:43 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home